Friday, April 9, 2010

How to Train Your Dragon

Today I saw "How to Train Your Dragon." I thought it was a very good movie overall. Here are some of my favorite parts.

My favorite part was when the Vikings got to keep lots of dragons as their pets. That made me feel happy, because Hiccup wanted to keep lots of dragons, then his wish came true and their whole house was filled with dragons! It was happy, because they got to take the dragons for rides.

The funniest part of the movie was when Hiccup saw the dragon! He was holding a knife, trying to kill the dragon, then he couldn't do it and dropped the knife. When he walked away from the dragon, he just fainted because he was so surprised that he tried to kill a dragon that was alive.

The saddest part of the movie was when Hiccup's dad wanted to kill Hiccup's pet dragon, and he had him trapped on a boat and he couldn't get out. I cried a little bit because I was afraid that they actually killed the dragon. But, they didn't, so I was happy about that.

The scariest part of the movie was when a really big dragon (so big that it could eat you alive) almost killed Hiccup and his pet dragon! They got broken legs and boo-boos and stuff. When they landed in the fire, it was really scary.

The movie got a little boring when some of the songs were playing. Some songs were a little boring. But, some other songs were good because they made me feel cheerful and wanting to dance (rock and roll songs!).

The ending was a happy one because they got to keep LOTS of pet dragons.

I'm not sure if I would want to have a pet dragon. If he wags his tail, he might whack something and it will fall over and break something else. If he ever roared, stuff would fall over, like things that are up high. I don't think my pet cat, Frank, would like the dragon very much. But, it would be fun to have a dragon so that I could take rides on it!

I got really excited when Hiccup learned to train dragons! Because then he got to be, like, the king of fighting dragons, and got to fight a really scary one. But he couldn't take it, because it was like a KILLING dragon, and Hiccup was like, "I can't do this!" He just dropped his shield and sword and ran away.

The movie got sort of mixed up when the dragon was on a ship, and then Hiccup came to save him. I couldn't believe that they would actually go to that island to defeat the really mean and nasty dragon. I would be WAY too scared to do that! But, if it was one of my friends, I'd do it. If it was like a stranger or a bad guy, I would not do it.

How would you like to be a dragon? I actually would. Most dragons can fly, but I do not want to be a mean one. But I want to be a girl dragon, because a girl dragon would look more pretty! How would you like to be a dragon fighter? I would not, because I'd probably get killed if I were hunting and killing them.

I wish my friends were there to watch the movie with me. If we got too bored during the movie, we could tell knock-knock jokes! And, if I was crying or something, I would have someone to support me. Then, I'd probably stop crying if my friend was there.

Would you like to be a talking dragon, or a quiet dragon? I would like to be a talking dragon, because then I could warn someone that I was going to eat them! I would like to eat people, if there were some around.


Thanks for reading my review! Come back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah!

    "How to Train Your Dragon" sounds like a really good movie. I'm really glad you got to go see it.

    A house full of dragons?!!! How in the world did they do that? It must have been a BIG house! Or were they really small dragons? Oh, I am so glad to hear they didn't kill the dragon. I would have been very sad, too.

    I have a connection to what you said about the songs in the movie being boring. I have always gotten kind of bored, too, when there is a lot of singing in movies. I'm not sure why. I just don't find it that interesting.

    I think it would be pretty sweet to be a dragon. I would want to be a friendly dragon though. I hope people wouldn't be too afraid of me. What do you mean a girl dragon would be more pretty than a boy dragon? I could be a VERY pretty dragon if I wanted to. :-)

    I wouldn't want to be a dragon fighter. I don't like fighting. Hmmm. I would like to be a talking dragon. I would also like to be a dragon who could breathe fire. Then I could BBQ my food really easily and whenever I wanted! It would also be a way I could protect my friends and Lynnelle and Luna in case any mean dragons came around to bother us.

    Have you ever seen the Disney movie "Pete's Dragon?" It's one of my favorites from when I was a kid. If you want, maybe your mom and dad would let you could come to our house and you could watch it with Luna and me. Our TV isn't as awesome as yours, but it would still be fun. We could make popcorn and have candy, too!

    Thanks for writing another GREAT review! I can't wait to read your next one.

    Love,
    Brian (and Luna!)

    ReplyDelete